- Justice Mike Tembo was appointed High Court Judge by President Joyce Banda, from position of Court Registrar.
- Justice Redson Kapindu was also appointed High Court Judge by President Joyce Banda from a South African University where he was a lecturer. The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs that time was Ralph Kasambara, now a UTM die-hard.
Justice Tembo and Justice Kapindu were appointed on the same day (see Nation online of 24 June 2013).
- Justice Madise is related to Mary Chilima, wife to Saulos Chilima. He is also a person of Joyce Banda’s Peoples Party. He was on Khumbo Kachali’s side when Joyce Banda appointed Uladi Mussa as Acting President of the Peoples Party at the time she was living abroad. Khumbo Kachali allied with Chakwera in the election.
- Justice Ivy Kamanga was the Judge that presided on the treason case of the so called Mid Night Six (although she later recused hereslf).
- Justice Ivy Kamanga was also involved in the protest of Judiciary Officers against the appointment of Justice Maxon Mbendera to the Supreme Court saying she was more senior to Justice Mbendera.
Justice Mbendera was MEC Chair that declared APM as winner of the Presidential Elections in 2014.