Another Hastings Kamuzu Banda Son Daniel Speaks Out: Infact We Are 7 In Total

Daniel Kamuzu Banda: Actually, we are seven in total

Friends, I just want to clear the air. I am Hastings Kamuzu Banda and Cecilia Tamanda Kadzamira’s son. I was raised up by a couple who worked for the state house secret service, Malawians trusted by my father. I have grown up in Zimbabwe and the UK. I have met my biological father in my youth many times without knowing he was my father.

Now, I have been here in Malawi for a while and have lived hiding in plain sight till I revealed myself in 2016 and those who know me well can attest to that. Jumani was my half-brother, same father but different mothers. I met him and we were just getting to bond when the unthinkable happened.

The 2 of us are not the only Hastings Kamuzu Banda children, actually I am in contact with 3 others and we are 7 in total, all sons. Indeed, while I was in diaspora, I worked for international schools here in Malawi in my field of Linguistics and church ministry, and I didn’t want to make a fuss over my lineage but chose to pursue it in the most honourable, most humble and most respectful way. Mind you, I was raised by Chewas, and intelligence operatives.

They taught me well, raised me well, trained me well and instilled values that a human being ought to have. I know what the multitudes are saying (I am not deaf). Some of you conjure fake news to tarnish the image of your fellows. You equivocate and construe things after your own fashion like there’s no tomorrow and have an insatiable appetite of wanting to become an overnight award-winning journalist over other people’s plight.

Take it from me, I know who I am, my mother and I know each other and have a solid and firm relationship. I hope that you, my friends, knowing that you are Malawians of good will, and integrity, would understand that certain things are dealt with wisely although some of us choose to deal with issues in a subjective manner. Shalom.

16 Responses to "Another Hastings Kamuzu Banda Son Daniel Speaks Out: Infact We Are 7 In Total"

1. Amayi Amao   January 29, 2019 at 8:31 pm

munyanya chinsisi, zitheka bwanji mamuna kumakhala ndimkazi koma mkumati simkazi wanga yet simbalewako. A china Tembo,Saudi,Mtaba mkumavomereza. Nanga Mayi Cicilia akatsogola azabweraso ena azati ndimayi wanga ameneaja.

2. Ophiri   January 29, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Nde dolla anasiya madala sikwanatu nanga nanuso mpaka 7 kkkkkkkk Aaaah ma memba phulirani zanuzo asakupusitseni achina kadzamira iwo ali phee kumwa ma cremora

3. Erick Elias   January 30, 2019 at 4:14 am

we are all malawian no matter where you grow up and how you was raise but take note you are one of us ,there is a reason why your father hide you if you can reveal that malawian people can open their eyes but according to me malawi is big and with a warm heart I say welcome brother let’s stay.. malawian talk wisely and think about tomorrow don’t have bad heart like south Africa.

4. Sam Binda   January 30, 2019 at 12:05 pm

You’re most welcome

5. Edoh Banda   January 30, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Ask Ms Tamanda kadzamira if this is true.But don’t kill again please,it is inhuman to do so.

6. Henzie Mdoyi   January 30, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Dear our brother Hastings,
    I don’t think theirs a Malawian who doubted about you , your issue is straight forward, your father our former president is dead but your mum as you said is still alive, let her come out in open and clear the air about this issue, the dust will settle but if she continue hiding the truth the problem will not be solved.

7. Belafrique   January 31, 2019 at 10:43 am

Why not putting all the 7 under the DNA test to clear the matter ? Who is discouraging this simple procedure .

8. Dadly Bounyvista Suluma kankhadze   February 1, 2019 at 12:37 am

Nde mmati samapangana kamuzu ndi kadzamira?
    Okupha inu oipa

9. Nelia   February 1, 2019 at 9:03 am

Children are a blessing from God. Love them

10. Ken   February 1, 2019 at 10:29 am

Why not go for DNA. And let mama her self explain otherwise if she die today without proper explaination. They will be trouble you 6 guys l. Encourage her to clear the air and push for DNA

11. Mayaamiko Mbewe   February 1, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Yooooo takae that woman to jail why keeping screts like that..?

12. joseph   February 4, 2019 at 7:59 am

you are most welcome braza. in fact, find your friends and muonekere nonse nthawi imodzi…sizoti iwenso umwalire then abwerenso enawo ayi.

13. Chisazi   February 5, 2019 at 5:46 am

Welcome home brother. You’ve the right to live in your home country and the right to know your biological parents. Let your other brothers (even from different mothers)come open too. East west home is best.

14. strange Mzumara   February 27, 2019 at 8:25 am

Chisazi you are right,a person should know his/her home,welcome back home brother

15. Mr Mp   March 29, 2019 at 1:12 am

Anthu enadi ndi afiti,mpaka kumasunga chinsisi chotere.kamuzu anawaphunzitsadi kumvera ndi kusunga mwambo

16. Bob Gumbe   April 3, 2019 at 10:02 am